Accordion item redirects to node instead of expanding and how to add a "More" link in an Accordion

Hello,

We are trying to configure the Accordion. We have followed the instructions:

Usage

In order to reproduce it:

1. You need to have a Content Type (ex. FAQ)
  2. Create a view mode which re-uses the FAQ List pattern as explained in CERN Components documentation.
  3. Create a view which will produce the block and choose “Accordion” as Display Format
  4. In “Show” option choose Display Suite: Content and as view mode choose the view mode that you created on step 2 that re-uses the FAQ List pattern.
  5. Feel free to re-use any filter criteria, sort criteria, contextual filters and/or any view setting. It won’t affect the behavior of the view.

Here is the result: https://test-be-dep-co.web.cern.ch/node-36-test_content_type

Could you please advise what are we missing and when we click on the “+”, instead of having the summary open, we are transferred directly to the page?

Thank you in advance!
Katerina

Hello Katerina,

Can you please add me in the admins list of your website in order to have a look in your configuration?

Konstantinos

Good morning Konstantine,

You should have access now.

Thank you for your help.
Katerina

Hello Katerina,

I just checked your admins e-group and I do not appear in the list. You can see how to add someone as an admin in this article under “Use Case 2”. Unfortunately I cannot self-subscribe myself due to e-group limitations.

Konstantinos

Ok now I have access. So the issue was that you had set the titles to be links and as a result they were redirecting to the page instead of opening the accordion.

In order to fix it you need to disable the link option from the display that you have set for the accordion. The following GIF shows how it is solved.

Thanks for spotting it. I will update the documentation to make it more clear. Hope that helps.

Konstantinos

It is fine now.
Thank you very much!

Regards,
Katerina

Hello Konstantine,

I come back to you, to ask if it is possible to add a “more” option to the expanded FAQ, in order to link the page where we actually describe the service/project.

We like the accordion as display format, however we miss the link to the main page.

Thanks again.
Katerina

Hello Katerina,

In order to add a “More” link at the end of each one of the expanded elements you need to check the " Display more link?" option in the display that sets the accordion.

In the same form you can change the limit of characters that will be displayed before setting the “More” link.

Konstantinos

Hello Konstantine,

Thank you for your reply.
We do have the “more” button now, however in order to do so, we need to choose the “smart trimmed option” in the body. The risk of doing this, is not having displayed the information we want (e.g. CERN Accelerator Logging Service-CALS: when we click on the + ,we do not have the first phrase/introduction, but the part after the bullets. It does not make a lot of sense to someone who doesn’t know what CALS is, etc.).

What we wish to have is the “summary or trimmed” with the “more” link option. This way we are sure we provide a brief introduction to the service (we choose the entire text by putting it in the summary) and the link for more information.

Would this be possible?

Last, it would probably be useful to update the documentation with the “more” link possibilities.

Thank you very much in advance.
Regards,
Katerina

Hello Katerina,

Yes it is possible. If you expand the settings, you will notice that there is the Summary field where you can set if you want to set the Summary or not.

Let me know if that works for you.

Konstantinos

Good morning Konstantine,

Everything is fine, thank you!

Have a nice day.
Regards,
Katerina