How to change the link from the logo

Hi,
we are redesigning the web sites for the EN department and in order to ease the navigation for users, we would like to keep the EN logo also on subsites (e.g. EN Safety, EN DAO, etc.) with the link to the EN main site; the site name keeping the link to the “home” of the respective site.
I found a solution on the web to change that in the page.tpl.php file, to which I don’t have access with the CERN setup, correct? How can I change the link from the logo instead?
Cheers,
Catharina

Hello Catharina,

Unfortunately the only way to do that is by overriding the theme and modifying the template. Some quick steps to do that.

1. Install the CERN Override theme in your website.
  2. Under /templates/ create a template called page.html.twig
  3. Copy the markup from the original template and paste it to your page.html.twig
  4. Change the link in line 162 to be the URL you want to point to. So it should be something like <a href="http://website-that-I-want-to-point-to.web.cern.ch" title="{{ 'Home'|t }}" rel="home">

So you practically just override the page template of your website to be the exact same as the current one but with the difference that you have overridden the URL of the logo.

Let me know if that works for you and if you have any questions.

Konstantinos