Access to drupal website

Dear Colleague,
Issue 1
every time i access the website (https://cms-tbps-db.web.cern.ch/) i have an error message: ‘The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.’
after reloading the page i manage to access the page.
Issue 2
Additionally i created two roles : 1- reader; 2- writer and i associated to these roles a egroup.
For each role i associated access rights; however the members of the egroup cannot view or add the information that theoretically should be possible to do.
attached you can find a few pictures explaining the Issue 1.
thanks for your time and help.#
Joao

Hi Juan,

Regarding the first issue “the website encountered an unexpected error”, go to /_site and enable error display so you can see exactly what the error is.

For the second issue, there is a problem with the synching of e-groups. You need to wait a few hours until the users get the roles.

Thanks for your reply!
i will wait a few hours to sync the egroups. Having said that i set up those egroups already a few weeks ago…
this is the error message i got. i am not sure which action to take in order to solve it…

error message*
The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.

InvalidArgumentException : Field field_person_id_ccid is unknown. in Drupal\Core\Entity\ContentEntityBase->getTranslatedField() (line 587 of core/lib/Drupal/Core/Entity/ContentEntityBase.php ).

Drupal\Core\Entity\ContentEntityBase->get(‘field_person_id_ccid’) (Line: 628) Drupal\Core\Entity\ContentEntityBase->set(‘field_person_id_ccid’, Array) (Line: 36) cern_profile_displayname_simplesamlphp_auth_user_attributes(Object, Array) call_user_func_array(‘cern_profile_displayname_simplesamlphp_auth_user_attributes’, Array) (Line: 392) Drupal\Core\Extension\ModuleHandler->invoke(‘cern_profile_displayname’, ‘simplesamlphp_auth_user_attributes’, Array) (Line: 102) Drupal\simplesamlphp_auth\EventSubscriber\SimplesamlExternalauthSubscriber->externalauthLogin(Object, ‘externalauth.login’, Object) call_user_func(Array, Object, ‘externalauth.login’, Object) (Line: 111) Drupal\Component\EventDispatcher\ContainerAwareEventDispatcher->dispatch(‘externalauth.login’, Object) (Line: 165) Drupal\externalauth\ExternalAuth->userLoginFinalize(Object, ‘jbatista’, ‘simplesamlphp_auth’) (Line: 93) Drupal\externalauth\ExternalAuth->login(‘jbatista’, ‘simplesamlphp_auth’) (Line: 119) Drupal\simplesamlphp_auth\Service\SimplesamlphpDrupalAuth->externalLoginRegister(‘jbatista’) (Line: 192) Drupal\simplesamlphp_auth\Controller\SimplesamlphpAuthController->authenticate() call_user_func_array(Array, Array) (Line: 123) Drupal\Core\EventSubscriber\EarlyRenderingControllerWrapperSubscriber->Drupal\Core\EventSubscriber{closure}() (Line: 573) Drupal\Core\Render\Renderer->executeInRenderContext(Object, Object) (Line: 124) Drupal\Core\EventSubscriber\EarlyRenderingControllerWrapperSubscriber->wrapControllerExecutionInRenderContext(Array, Array) (Line: 97) Drupal\Core\EventSubscriber\EarlyRenderingControllerWrapperSubscriber->Drupal\Core\EventSubscriber{closure}() (Line: 151) Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpKernel->handleRaw(Object, 1) (Line: 68) Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpKernel->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 57) Drupal\Core\StackMiddleware\Session->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 47) Drupal\Core\StackMiddleware\KernelPreHandle->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 191) Drupal\page_cache\StackMiddleware\PageCache->fetch(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 128) Drupal\page_cache\StackMiddleware\PageCache->lookup(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 82) Drupal\page_cache\StackMiddleware\PageCache->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 50) Drupal\ban\BanMiddleware->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 47) Drupal\Core\StackMiddleware\ReverseProxyMiddleware->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 52) Drupal\Core\StackMiddleware\NegotiationMiddleware->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 23) Stack\StackedHttpKernel->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 708) Drupal\Core\DrupalKernel->handle(Object) (Line: 19)

Hi Joao,

Regarding the roles there might be something worng with the ‘Automatic role population’ configuration under the ‘User info and syncing’ in SimplesamlPHP module. Make sure that you have used the correct machine names of roles and e-groups in order to link them and there are no spaces or weird charactersin the configuration. If you want you can post it here to have a look.

As for the error, this comes from the CERN Profile - Display Name module. For some reason one of its fields is missing. Try to uninstall the module, clear caches and install it again.

Hi Sotirios,
thanks fro your reply.
i uninstalled the CERN Profile - Display Name, cleared caches and installed again the module.
now i have the following error message:

Unable to install CERN Profile - Display Name, field.field.user.user.field_realname, field.storage.user.field_person_id_ccid, field.storage.user.field_realname already exist in active configuration.

Hi Joao,

Seems the uninstall of the module is not cleaning all the configuration installed.
I’ve manually cleaned these configuration internally (as part of the Drupal infrastructure team)

Try again to install, should work now.

It worked!
thanks, Joao

1 Like