Adding a role to a Drupal site

I’m trying to define a new role on a Drupal web site.

Following Setup authorization access to Drupal Site, I think I’ve defined the role in OpenShift and associated it with an e-group.

The instructiones above though do not tell me what I should enter onto the Drupal web site itself. What should I put into the https://timdrupal.web.cern.ch/admin/people/roles name to associate it with the list of users defined in OpenShift ?

Hi Tim,

The only thing you need to define on the Drupal site is the role-name, and that’s it (although if there are specific permissions for that role then you’d select accordingly in the usual Permissions tab, as before.) The egroups set-up is no longer done on the Drupal site.

You then take this role name (using the machine-name that was generated) and then add that as a role on the openshift site, to then attach your egroups there.

As long as you have the identical role-name in both the Drupal site and on the Openshift roles page, then the rest works automagically.

-cath

2 Likes

Thanks, that worked well. For others trying this, you can check the role is assigned on the People tab after logging out/logging in when the role is defined.