Hero header with undesired spacing and text

Hello,

I am trying to migrate Drupal 7 Slidedow (based on Views module) to Drupal 8 CERN component Hero-Header. So far I managed the images to cycle, but there are two things which does not seem right…

First of all, I see a 120px magin. Is this intended? Would be nice to be able to configured it…

Secondly, I noticed that there is “On/Off” text cycling with each slide, which seems to correspond to “Show Breadcrumbs” options. No matter what I am doing I cannot get rid of it…

The problem is in the screenshot below:

The page is: https://test-club-tabletennis.web.cern.ch/home

(cannot post images with configuration as I have ‘new user’ restriction and only allowed to post one image per post)

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Serhiy

Hello Serhiy,

For that its the Section that wraps the components and set the height and width. You can read more about it in the documentation of the section wrapper.

For that you should visit /admin/structure/paragraphs_type/cern_header_frame/display and make sure that the “Show Breadcrumbs” option is placed under the Disabled field group.

Let me know if that works for you.

Konstantinos

Hello @kplatis

The second instruction worked! Thanks a lot!

For the first one however I still not able to find the UI you posted in the screenshot through the Admin UI :S. If you could be son kind to give me bit more detailed instructions I would be very thankful!

Best regards,
Serhiy

Hello Serhiy,

I had a look in your website and apparently you are trying to render a Landing Page using a view, which is conceptually wrong. Please read the documentation of the Landing Page content type and let me know what is still unclear.

Landing Page is a content type which you can use to create Landing Page nodes. In your website you use a view. Views in Drupal are used in order to gather multiple nodes in one display.

As I noticed the Landing Page module is already enabled, so all you have to do is to navigate to Content > Add Content > Landing Page. From there you can start building your landing page.

Konstantinos