How to add an external link to the "Preview list"

Hi,
when using the “Preview List” component there is no “link” field. I understand that I can link the title to the content of this preview, but I actually would like to add a link on the title (or image or below) to an external content. The preview is actually on partial content coming from a feed including the the link to the original content and that’s where I would like users to be able to jump to directly.
Thanks,
Catharina

Hello Catharina,

Can you provide a link to the view you are using it?

Konstantinos

Hi Konstantinos,
the view using the the “Preview List” is this one CERN Engineering News | Engineering Department
the current view (where I am not happy with the styling) with the external links is this one CERN Engineering News | Engineering Department
Cheers,
Catharina

Hi Konstantinos,
did you manage to have a look at this?
Thanks,
Catharina

Hey Catharina,

Sorry for the late answer, I needed to first test it on another environment. So the way you can do it is:

1. First you need a field that will hold the external link for each node. So create an extra field in your Content Type (eg. CERN News) that will hold the external link. It should be of type Link and should support external links
  2. Fill the existing content with the external links that you want to redirect to.
  3. Navigate to Manage Display settings of the content type CERN News that you added the field in step 1 and move the external link field under Title pattern field. Set Link as field formatter.

Thats pretty much it. Give it a try and let me know if you have any questions.

Konstantinos