How to add the image of the GIS map into a Drupal website

Dear Colleagues,

I was wondering if I could please ask you how I can add the image of the GIS map into a Drupal website (e.g. Directions | CERN ).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Valentina V. Baldassarre

Hey @vbaldass,

For adding a map to your drupal website you can follow the following steps :

• Go to Google maps . In the Search Google Maps text box, type in the address of the location you want to display on your webpage.

• When the map appears, click on the Share icon.

• Select the Embed a map tab on the Share window and Copy HTML .

(Refer to the screenshot below)

Once you are done with the above steps you need to further integrate the map on your drupal site. For embedding the code in your webpage follow the below steps :

• In the “body” of your content go to source

• Paste in the code from google (That you generated in step 3)

• SAVE

(Refer to the screenshot below)

Following the above steps will derive you to the desired output on your webpage. In case you encounter any issues feel free to write us back here.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Prakhar

1 Like

Dear Pkatyaya,

thank you for your reply and explanations. What about GIS links? I checked, but on GIS there is no option “Share icon”.

With reference to the Google Maps iFrame, I followed your procedure. However, the map is not displayed (the same issue occurs here: Directions to Prévessin | CERN).

Thank you in advance,
Valentina

Hey @vbaldass,

I tried replicating the same steps on my test site and it worked. Here is the Link to the test site where you could see the map embedded on the webpage.

The "Share icon can be found on the left side in the same row where you have directions, save etc.
(Refer to the screenshot below : )

Feel free to write us back here in case you require any further help.

Regards,
Prakhar

Thank you Prakhar for your help, now everything works well!

Regards,
Valentina