How to create blocs

I would like to modify a basic page which contains 5 links into a page where these links would be replaced by navigation blocs. I could use a bit of help here!
Thanks a lot.
Isabelle

Hey Isabelle,

Do you mean with replacing the links on the basic page with a navigation bar that displays these links on the webpage ?

Regards,
Prakhar

Hi Prakhar,

I would like to replace the links with blocks as in the attachment which would indeed display the links on the webpage.

Isabelle

And it currently looks like this:

Hey Isabelle,

The Screenshot you shared (one with the images) uses Landing Page Content Type to create that. With Landing Page Content type it would become much easier to implement what you require. If you want to continue it as a basic page you need to write some HTML and CSS in the source of your basic page edit.

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

Regards,
Prakhar

Hi Prakhar,
Yes, I also think a Landing Page would be easier.
Could you guide me on how to proceed?
Thanks a lot!
Isabelle

Hi Isabelle,

Perfect :ok_hand: So you can follow up the following steps:

• Go to Content β†’ Add content β†’ Landing Page
  • Give the tittle in General Info
  • Go to Components β†’ Add Section
  • Under Display give the tittle and the width and height according to you
  • Go to Content β†’ Column Center β†’ Select Article Box (from the drop down)
  • Article Box β†’ Content and Configuration β†’ Select Media Type as Image β†’ Upload the Image β†’ Fill in the URL β†’ Fill in the Link Text
    Create β€œArticle Box” as required and fill the relevant content and configure the section and SAVE
    You can work upon the width, height, effects etc as per your requirement.

I hope this helps. If you require any help do write it down here.

Regards,
Prakhar

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I will follow these steps.

Dear Prakhar,
Your reply has been very helpful.
Under Display, I can indeed select a height between None, Half Height or Full Height, however I don’t seem to be able to select a width. Is there something I am missing?
Thanks again for your help.
Cheers,
Isabelle

Hey,

The Display field is responsible for the width. You have 3 options there (refer to this Screenshot)

In this you can select Fluid width to have a full width display or you can go with Centered content to have a centered display.

Fluid Width

Centered Content

I think to what you require for (the image you shared) you should opt for Centered content Under display and Full height

I hope this helps you to proceed, if you are stuck or require some other help write me back.

Regards,
Prakhar

Excellent! Thanks so much.
Another (last) question (I hope): the date and time appears automatically. How do I remove it?

Hey,

The date and time in Article Box are not mandatory so you can leave them as it is to the default i.e. dd/mm/yyyy and 00:00:00

Regards,
Prakhar

Although this field is mandatory, the time and date still appear.

I see that, since you do not wish to have the date and time you can follow the following steps in this case

• Go to Structure
  • Paragraph types
  • Article Box
  • Manage fields
  • Delete Date

/admin/structure/paragraphs_type/cern_article_box/

Also you can change the box settings of the Article boxes to Landscape or Portrait or Simple so as to fill up the missing space ( from the image you shared). You can set the Module 3 box as Portrait.

If you require any other help let us know.

Regards,
Prakhar

Excellent! It worked.
Concerning the missing space, yes, I put the Module 1 as Portrait after I sent you the print screen :).
It looks very nice now!

Hi,
Sorry to bother again. Finally, it has been decided to display the blocks in portrait (see printscreen). I would like the 5 blocks to fit on the screen without having to scroll and would therefore like to reduce the size of the blocks a bit. It is something we can do?
Thanks for your help.
Isabelle

Hey Isabelle,

There is nothing to be bothered about I am here to help you out.

So what you can do is that to have a Portrait box for 1 of your links and 4 simple box. Since you have 5 links (Article boxes here) you can use this box settings to fit all of them in a single section without worrying for scrolling down to visit the boxes. (This is the layout we use at home.cern as well)

Else what can be done in order to have specific height and width of the boxes is to use the CERN Override theme and then do the changes you wish to do in the theme CSS file.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,
Prakhar

Thanks a lot.