How to display contents as text scroller in Drupal websites?

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to display large amount of content in a page on my site by using text scrollers. For example if I have lot of news and events to be displayed in a site, then using text scroller will allow the user to scroll over all the data.

Do you know how can I do it?

Thank you in advance,
Valentina

Hi Valentina

Do I understand it correctly that you do not want users to just scroll normally when content exceeds what can be displayed on the screen at once? If so, this is something you could just wrap in HTML. The below snippet, for instance, creates a 150x150 box in which the overflow parameter is set to scroll. When text then exceeds the height, it becomes scrollable.

<div style="width:150px; height:150px; overflow:scroll; padding:5px;">
	A lot of content here.
	A lot of content here.
	A lot of content here.
	A lot of content here.
	A lot of content here.
	A lot of content here.
	All made scrollable via the 'overflow:scroll'. 
</div>

If this is not what you want to achieve, could you perhaps include a screenshot of an example?

Thanks!

Dear Joachim,

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, I do not find any video that can give you a concrete idea. However, you can visit the homepage of this website About RACE (ukaea.uk).

I discovered this functionality during the Drupal class of the Cern learning hub and it consisted of adding a module or creating a view allowing to display each row of the text or different blocks as I scrolled down the webpage.

Thank you so much for your time,
Valentina

Hi Valentina

I might not be understanding your request correctly, but looking over https://race.ukaea.uk/about-race/, it seems to me like this is just normal content with alternating image alignment…? Are you not able to achieve this simply by using multiple images in your article? I created the below, for instance, by adding a left and right alignment, respectively, to the two images. You can of course add margin and padding to your paragraph tags beyond that if necessary.

Thanks!