How to schedule weekly email in D8?

Hi all,

I would like to schedule a weekly email to be sent from my website. In Drupal 7, I could do that through the Rules module by scheduling a component, but in Drupal 8 I cannot find a similar option.
It only seems possible to trigger the action when an event occurs (e.g. when content is published), but what I need is for the action to happen at a certain date or every seven days from $date to $date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks!

Hello Athina,

You are right that in D7 this could be done with the Rules module. However, in D8 the module is not stable yet.

Do you have any experience in module development?

Kostas

Hi Kostas,
I’m afraid I do not have experience in module development. Is there any alternative that I could use, besides Rules?

Hello Athina,

Unfortunately I cannot find an answer online regarding your request, even though its a pretty reasonable one. So the only way I can think of is by developing a custom module.

Since you do not have experience on module or web development, what I can do from my side is to try to implement a module like that, but I currently cannot fully commit on that due to lack of time. You can keep looking for an answer and I will get back to you when I have something more stable or a better answer.

Kostas