Layout issues with html lists (ol and ul) in basic pages of the CERN theme (D8)

Hello,

I encounter several layout problems when using html lists (ol and ul) in basic pages of the CERN theme (D8). There are 4 issues:

• 1st issue: In a bullet point list lines with a p wrapper are not spaced.
  • 2nd issue: In bullet point lists items with 2 lines or more are not displayed with a hanging indent.
  • 3rd issue: A bullet point list nested into an ordered list does not have bullet points as of 2nd level.
  • 4th issue: An ordered list nested into a bullet point list does not appear indented.

I have prepared a demo page on my test site to demonstrate the weird behaviour: https://test-odp1.web.cern.ch/test-page
Is there a way to fix these quirks?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Cheers
gabi

Dear @gthiede,

Thank you for letting us know and for the examples. We will have a look at it and let you know as soon as we’ll find the solution.

Best regards,
Kamila

Hello, it is a pity that this problem has not yet been solved. It is obviously a bug, probably somewhere in the CSS definitions.
I would be grateful if you could fix it.
Thanks in advance,
cheers
gabi

Hey Gabi,

I will take a clone of your test site in order to fix it and I will keep you updated

Konstantinos

Hello Gabi,

I applied a fix for the issues you mention and will be deployed in v2.6.7 of CERN Base. The following screenshot show how the page looks like after the fixes. The only issue that is not fixed yet is adding unordered lists within ordered lists.

Konstantinos

Hello Konstantinos,

many thanks for looking into the issues.

May I suggest that when using the p wrapper in a numbered or unnumbered list, a regular spacing applies. It is confusing that a p wrapper outside a list has a spacing, but not when it is used within a list.

However, I really appreciate your work to fix the bugs and say a big thank you.
I am looking forward that also the last problem is solved (bulleted list within ordered list), as this constellation is frequently used in my pages.

Have a lovely weekend,
cheers
gabi

Hello Gabi,

Thank you for the feedback. I applied another patch that fixes the issue both with the nested lists and the paragraph spacing.

Can you have a look and let me know if it fixes the issues you mention?

FireShot Capture 011 - Test page - Data Privacy at CERN - test-kplatis-drupal-dev.web.cern.ch

Konstantinos

Hello Konstantinos,

that newest version looks great!
I thank you so much for your valuable help to fix the issues.
When do you plan to deploy it to production?

Cheers
gabi

Hello Gabi,

Glad that its fixed. It should be deployed along with the next update of core, modules and themes, but the exact date is unclear.

Konstantinos

Thanks, dear Konstantinos,
for your reply. So, I will be patient and wait for the next update.
Cheers
gabi