Module update error

Hello,

I would like to ask for your advice on updating the module. I tried to update the module via Extensions → Updates → Download these updates and I got to this website, from which I am unable to proceed because my login is not working. Do I need to use a specific username and password?

So I tried another option, manually typing in the URL /update.php, which directed me to this website.

Capture

How can I solve this problem or is there any other way to run the module update?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Lucie

Please refer to this guide: https://drupal-tools.web.cern.ch/update-modules-webdav

Let us know if you face any issues!

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks a lot! I would also like to remove the uninstalled modules, is there some guide for this?

Many thanks,
Lucie

Hi Lucie

In that case, once you are connected through WebDAV, you can simply delete the folder(s) of the module(s) you wish to remove.

Thanks!

Hi,

I tried this but I am unable to see these modules which should be removed in the WebDAV.

Many thanks,
Lucie

Hi Lucie

I see, no worries. In this instance, you need not do anything. Moving forward, in the new infrastructure, we will be able to trim the list of modules you would otherwise see in the REMOVE section. Ultimately, the only modules you need to concern yourself with are the ones shown in the second screenshot. If you utilise all three, no need to do anything. If you do not use one or more of the three, consider removing them accordingly.

Thanks!

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for your help. I have similar problem with a module which needs to be fixed manually to be compatible to Drupal 9.

I cannot find the module on the webdav. Should I also ignore this problem and migrate without adding the line in the code?

Many thanks,
Lucie

Hi Lucie

In this case, please note that the error is from the themes folder and not the modules folder your second screenshot shows. You would need to add the core_version_requirement: ^8 || ^9 to the .info.yml file in the theme. I however note that you are using the CERN OVERRIDE theme version 1.4. This is a very old version and might contain deprecated code (unfortunately we cannot see this because of PHPStan failing to run). If you know what exactly you have of customised logic, if anything, in your theme, please consider moving this to the newest version of the OVERRIDE theme to avoid any issues. If you are not actually using the OVERRIDE theme, consider simply removing it.

Thanks!