Problem of min-height for background section

Hi everybody,

I am facing an issue with the background of a section. It seems that when reducing the viewport size the background image of my section is getting a min-height property of 10px which makes it invisible.

Here are the settings of the section :

• Display : Fluid BG Center content
  • Section height : Half height
  • Effects : None

Here is the result :

When changing the section height property to Full height it seems to work but then the picture is way to big :sweat_smile:

Is there a way to solve this issue ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Maxime

Hey @mhutinet,

Can you give me a link of the page you refer?

Thanks,

Kostas

Hey @kplatis,

I get this pretty much on all the pages when setting the Section height to half height.

The example i was referring to can be found here : About

Thank you.

Maxime

Hey @kplatis,

Do you have any news regarding this issue ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Maxime

Hey Maxime,

Have you applied any custom CSS in the Featured Banner?

Kostas

Hey,

I did adjust some padding, to center to text in the box. However the problem was already existing before that adjustment.

Maxime

I see that it is caused due to some stylings you have applied it .component-division__text.

More specifically you have applied position: absolute in .component-division__text which breaks the height of the component. As a result it is not a theming bug on the theme but it broke when you applied the change in the styles.

Good thing is that the issue exists only in small resolutions and if I understand correctly you applied the position: absolute in order to place the text in the middle of the Banner.
However in small resolutions I dont think that placing it in the middle is useful since it will fully hide the background image. So what you can do is to change the position: absolute; back to position: static only for small resolutions:

@media only screen and (max-width: 1071px){
    .component-division__text{
      position: static;
   }
}

Alternatively you can increase the min-height for the whole component only for small resolutions:

@media only screen and (max-width: 1071px){
    .component-division{
      min-height: 300px; 
   }
}

I think the second solution is worse since you would have to hardcode the value.

Let me know if it fixes your issue.

Kostas

Oups, i haven’t seen this one. Thank you very much for your help.

Maxime