Problem with contact form

Hello,
We have recently encountered a problem with our contact form (Contact us | Staff Association). Indeed, when a person fills in the contact form, in the email we recive the body of the message does not appears (we recieve only the sender and the subject of the message).
Is this problem related to the migration of our mailbox to Outlook 365? How can we solve this problem?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Catherine

Hey @cregelbr,

Thank you for writing to us. We have managed to resolve the issue and hopefully the webform/contact form should attain normal functionality. In case you encounter this or similar issue in future please refer to this documentation Empty Webforms Mails | Drupal Documentation

I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to write us back in case you require any further assistance.

Regards,
Prakhar

Dear @pkatyaya,

Thank you very much for your answer.
However, after testing the contact webform, it still does not work. I tried to modify the body to also include an empty <p> tag and a new line as explained in the documentation, but we still get empty email. Maybe I did something wrong. Could you please help us with this ?
Regards,
Catherine

Hey @cregelbr,

We managed to fix the issue and now the webform seems to work fine with both email handlers attaining normal functionality resulting in proper emails being fetched on both ends (admin and user).

Mentioning @ldelpian for the precised and accurate documentation Empty Webforms Mails | Drupal Documentation and his inputs in resolving the issue for your website. We recommend to refer the documentation in case you face any further or similar issue in future.

Regards,
Prakhar

Thank you very much for you help :grinning: