Translate tabs

Dear all,

I am currently trying to translate our website for the TE safety office.
The translation worked up to now, but I can not manage to translate the tabs, for instance at the mechanical hazards site. I have tried some solutions and found a topic that seems similar to this one, but it is already two years old.
Now my question is, is it possible to translate the tabs, and if, how? Or do I have to ask my supervisor if I can change the menu structure, she was the one who created the tabs.

Thank you in advance,
Lukas

Dear @joachim, I was recommended by the service desk to mention you at my post. Can you maybe help me with this issue?

Hi Lukas

Thanks for reaching out!

So looking at https://safetyofficete.web.cern.ch/fr/mechanical, I assume you by tabs mean the submenu immediately above Description du danger? The titles on these tabs are found at here (login to your website required). Your issue seems to be caused by what is described at https://www.drupal.org/project/field_group/issues/3111107. I will raise this internally and verify whether one of the proposed patches can help address this. In any event, this is definitely something which is possible. Please avoid making any changes till I have a confirmation on the patches.

Thanks!

Hi Joachim,
thank you for the quick reply.
Yes I am talking about the submenus in form of tabs. If you have any tab solution to translate this entries would be great, otherwise I will change the menu structure. For now I will leave the structure as it is, I am just adding and changing some of the content.

Hi Lukas

Sure! I hope to have an update next week.

Thanks!

Hi @joachim ,

have you heard anything about a possible translation of the menu in tab format?

Cheers, Lukas

Hi Lukas

Sorry for the delay; we are currently in the process of rolling out Drupal 9.3.4.

In the meantime, I am creating a clone of your website onto which I will apply the patch.

This will allow you and us to test and verify that things work as expected before committing centrally.

Thanks!

Hi joachim,

no problem, thank you for testing it. Could you please let me know where I can find the test website?

Thank you,
Lukas

Dear @joachim,

Thank you for your help so far. I tested the environment at safetyofficete-jyde-test.web.cern.ch, but was not able to translate the tabs. Have you made any progress on the patch?

Thank you,
Lukas

Hi Lukas

You found the site, all good!

I encountered an issue applying the patch, but I believe I have a solution.

I will attempt to apply this tomorrow on the test website and ping you via e-mail once done.

Thanks for your continued patience!

Hi @joachim ,
I have seen the website, but I have not been able to translate it there. Could you let me know if you have found a solution?
I will be leaving CERN on thursday next week, if you have any further updates could you please notify Delphine Letant-Delrieux, I am doing this changes on her behalf.
Cheers,
Lukas

Hi Lukas,

Do you still have the problem? Because I checked and I can translate the tabs in the menu.

Regards,
Panagiotis.