Updating the CERN Override Theme

Hi - I’ve been following everything I can see at Sign in to CERN but have run into the problem where I need to update the CERN Override Theme.

According to the above link:

The CERN THEME, CERN OVERRIDE THEME, and all CERN MODULES are Drupal 9 ready!

Although the report I am getting from Upgrade Status says otherwise:

I went in via openshift, got the password out, got into Webdav, found the correct file but it turns out I can’t actually save any edits on it.

Help please! :anguished:
-cath

Dear Cath
I can see on your screenshot that you are in the production site and not in webtest, is it correct?
Almudena

That is correct, yes.

Dear Cath

I think your issue is in the VisualStudio code, look at left in the “gear” icon with “1”, click over, go to the Workspace Trust and add the “working folder” as “trust”

best regards
Guillermo

Hi Guillermo,

I’m afraid this hasn’t solved the issue:

I’ve added the trusted folder, tried to save again… closed the file, reopened, retry… no luck.

-cath

Hi all - I have found the source of the trouble; this needs some expert help to unlock…

I cannot edit the YAML file because while logged in as ADMIN, I cannot. ADMIN does not have the rights to do so, while my personal ‘NOBLE’ account does… except of course to access all this via WebDAV requires logging in as ADMIN. So I can access as ADMIN but I can only edit as NOBLE, which I can’t use to access… :exploding_head: This makes no sense to me, but this is what seems to be happening.

Can someone help please?
Thanks,
Cath

Hi Cath

I am just following up to check whether you managed to get this resolved or not?

Have you seen this guide https://drupal-tools.web.cern.ch/access-webdav-in-openshift-macos?

Thanks!

Hey,
Thanks for checking up. YES, in these cases - where it’s just a single file and a single line of code to update - I managed to do it via the WebDav browser method.

It’s a bit inconvenient that we don’t have such straightforward access like we used to, but hey ho - I’ll live… :slight_smile:

-cath

Hi Cath

Thanks for confirming!

We hope we can ease the process in the future.

Thanks!