View does not display same results in french and in english

Hello,

On the SCE website, there is a page where external users can find a list of private market accommodations.

When a landlord contacts the housing service, they create the “ad” by using a specific content type. Once the accommodation is rented, the “ad” is unpublished and cannot be seen anymore.

This page is a view that lists all the published content of this specific content type.

Here is the issue:
Non logged users do not see the same number of ads depending if they look at the french page or the english page.

For example:

On the english page: Private market Accommodation | Site and Civil Engineering Department
If you use the filter “Country: CH” and “Location: Geneva”, there are 4 ads

On the french page: Private market Accommodation | Site and Civil Engineering Department
With exactly the same criteria, there are 12.

I compared the ads that appear only on the french page and both on the English and French pages and the only differences i could see is that the ads showing on both pages had the option “not promoted” and had an alias.

So I tried to change one of the ad showing only on the French page from promoted to not promoted but it did not change anything and it is still not showing on the English page.

I also had a look at the view but language is not part of the filter criteria (it is also not a field in this specific content type).
I tried playing with the “rendering language” but it also did not change anything.

Do you have any idea where the problem could come from?

Thank you,
Emilie

Hello Emilie,

Can you post a screenshot of the view settings expanded for both languages?

Konstantinos

Hello,

Here is the view for the page in FR:

And the view for the page in EN:

Emilie

Hello Emilie,

Are the ads translated or are they posted either in English or French? If its the second, how do you differentiate between EN and FR ads?

Konstantinos

Hello,

No, the ads are not translated and there is no language field in this content type.
Most of the content type is in English (a lot of checkboxes for the housing service) and the only field where you can have either French or English is the “description” (as it is a free text).
But the ad itself is not marked as being in French or English.
Emilie

Hey Emilie,

Ok I get it. Do you expect to have the same amount of ads in the EN and FR though? So 12 in both?

Konstantinos

Hi,

Yes, it should be the same number of ads.

Emilie

PS: while we figure this out, I had to find an alternative solution. So in the bloc “private market accommodation”, instead of linking to the view page directly, I created an intermediate basic page where I put the link to the view page in FR.