Website does not appear in search results

Dear all,

I have raised this “issue”/point before, but since I haven’t found the solution I do need to ask the community again: has anyone any experience with making a Drupal website visible in the Google search results? The Google Console, I guess, should do the trick, but it is not entirely clear to me how to proceed.

Could anyone help me, please?

Thank you very much in advance! This is really important!

With best regards,
Anastasiia

Hi Anastasiia

Which website, specifically?

Thanks!

Hello Joachim,

It’s quantum.cern.

Thank you for your help!

With best regards,
Anastasiia

Hello Joachim,

Did you manage to take a look? I would really need your guidance here. After going through several Drupal forums, I saw that the “avoid indexing option” in the settings might cause the website visibility issues, but the box is unchecked on quantum.cern, Could you please help me to set-up the Goggle Console, as I failed to do it having only error messages popping up.

Thank you in advance!

With best regards,
Anastasiia

Hi again

So, doing a search with site:quantum.cern actually returns results, suggesting that the website itself has been indexed. What is clearly missing, though, is the individual pages. As per https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7474347?hl=en, adding a sitemap is the first step. However, this should not be necessary on a Drupal website. Have you gone through the steps under the second section via the Search Console?

Thanks!