Weird format of lists in taxonomy

Summary

The text formatted as list (ol or ul) in my taxonomy content type is displayed in huge black font.
See example here: Data Breach | Data Privacy at CERN

Steps to reproduce

This issue appears every time when text in the taxonomy content type is formatted as list.

Possible fixes

Here is the code of the taxonomy page referenced above:

> <p>A Data Breach is a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.</p>
> 
> <p>A personal data breach is therefore a type of security incident and there are three different types of breach that may occur:</p>
> 
> <ol>
> 	<li>Confidentiality breach – an accidental or unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data.</li>
> 	<li>Availability breach – an accidental or unauthorised loss of access to, or destruction of, personal data.</li>
> 	<li>Integrity breach – an accidental or unauthorised alteration of personal data.</li>
> </ol>
> 
> <p>A breach can concern confidentiality, availability and integrity of personal data at the same time, as well as any combination of these.</p>
> 
> <p>A personal data breach would, for example, include:</p>
> 
> <ul>
> 	<li>personal data being disclosed to an unauthorised person, e.g. an email containing personal data being sent to the wrong person.</li>
> 	<li>an unauthorised person accessing personal data, e.g. an employee’s personnel file being inappropriately accessed by another staff member due to a lack of appropriate internal controls.</li>
> 	<li>a temporary or permanent loss of access to personal data, e.g. where a client’s or customer’s personal data is unavailable for a certain period of time due to a system shut down, power, hardware or software failure, infection by ransomware or viruses or denial of service attack, where personal data has been deleted either accidentally due to human error or by an unauthorised person or where the decryption key for securely encrypted data has been lost.</li>
> </ul>

I am unable to detect any suspicious code that might be responsible for the problem. I assume it could be linked to the underlying style sheet or CERN theme.

Related issues

unknown.

Attachments

Hi Gabriele

I am just following up on this thread; are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

Good morning, Joachim,
yes, the problem persists. You can try it yourself by clicking on the link in the summary of the bug description.
Cheers
gabi

Hello!
I am just wondering whether you have found a solution to the problem. It persists, and users contact me to inform me about the odd display.
Cheers
gabi

Hi Gabi

Thanks for re-flagging. We will be including this issue in our ongoing sprint.

Thanks!

Many thanks for the good news, dear Joachim!

Hey @gthiede,

As @joachim mentioned, we had included this to our sprint and we managed to make it work though the formatting is still an issue since your website is using CKEditor4 which will depreciate in Drupal 10. No action on you at the moment since we will be rolling out the updates in coming weeks.

Coming to the formatting issue you posted above, we have managed to place it back to normalcy with linear font style and size.

NOTE : Always avoid copying pasting a paragraph to the Drupal editor since it tampers the formatting and font which results in irregular display of the content. The Drupal editor understands raw HTML and thus copying a block of content directly messes with the HTML code generated with the content thus tampering the font, formatting and style of the content.

I hope this helps. In case of any other questions please feel free to write us back here.

Have a nice afternoon ahead !

Regards,
Prakhar

Dear Prakhar,
many thanks for your reply and help. But it seems that the problem has not been solved, as other pages have still this weird display. Please see this page here as an example: Processing of personal data | Data Privacy at CERN

I would like to stress here, that I have not installed any other editor. The CKEditor4 was part of the default set-up of DRUPAL when I created my web site based on the CERN standard theme.
Furthermore, I did not copy and paste any content into the editor, but I am used to write pure HTML, using the basic tags, only. As far as I can see in the pages with the weird display, their code is not special at all, it is only composed of basic HTML. Therefore, I don’t understand at all why the display is so strange.

I am crossing the fingers that the next updates you are planning will fix the problem.

Kind regards,
gabi

Hey @gthiede,

We totally get your point and understand where you are coming from. We have managed to fix the respective webpage Processing of personal data | Data Privacy at CERN

Referring to your previous comment to this thread that you have not used any other text editor apart from CKEditor. It is also to note that from the upcoming version of Drupal (9.5 and higher) CKEditor will be the only text editor available in Drupal. All in all we will work on this issue with the formatting and font and hopefully the upcoming patches should resolve the issue.

However in the mean time we request you to use more of keyboard shortcuts rather than using the inline features of the CKEditor. For instance, if you wish to refer or denote a certain content in bullet points (similar to what we had in this case) use keyboard shortcuts [Option] + [8] (for mac) or [Alt] + [0149] (for windows).

I hope this helps. In case you face any similar or other issues please feel free to write back to us.

Regards,
Prakhar