White space between menu and hero header

Hello,

Since the last update, there is a white space between the menu bar and the hero header:

How could I solve that?

Thanks for your help!

Hello Salome,

This is weird because it appears in all the pages (not only landing pages).

I noticed that you have the CERN Dev Status module enabled. Is there a reason for that? Can you uninstall it to see if it is related?

Konstantinos

Hello,

I have kind of the same issue, but the white space is at the position of the navigation bar. It’s only on this Landing page, where I added an own image instead of an image from CDS as a hero header.

Is there a way to solve this?

Kind regards,
Nadine

I still need the CERN Dev Status module as the website is not yet ready. I don’t think it is related because the white bar was not there before. Something changed from one day to another and I did not change anything. Could you please check? Thanks for your help.

I am having a look in both cases

Hello again,

I could not manage to replicate the issue in my site but I created a ticket to be fixed in your cases. I will reply when it is resolved.

Konstantinos

Thanks a lot!

Hello @srohr and @nweber,

Thanks again for reporting it and sorry for the inconvenience.

The issue is already fixed and will be deployed in v2.7.3 of CERN Components module (kudos to @klach for applying the fix and testing it)

Konstantinos

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Sounds great, thanks!

Hi Konstantinos, just for information, could you please let me know when the deployment is foreseen?

Hey @srohr,

I am closing this version today and I will get back to you with more details.

Konstantinos

@srohr I dont know exactly when the solution will be deployed since it depends on when the next Drupal update will take place and its not clear.

If you want the solution to take place straight away you can do the following:

1. Download the release candidate of the module (https://gitlab.cern.ch/web-team/drupal/public/d8/modules/cern-components/-/tree/rc-v2.7.3)
  2. Place it under /modules
  3. Clear the caches

Attention with this solution: When the next version will be deployed, please remove the module from /modules because if you don’t then you will not be able to get future versions of the module. This happens because when you place it locally, Drupal sees only this version and not the centralized ones.

Konstantinos

@kplatis, is this issue the same that affects our CLEAR website: https://clear.cern

Many thanks in advance!
Davide

@dgamba No it doesn’t seem so. Can you do a registry rebuild in /_site/backups and see if it solves the issue?

Thanks @kplatis. Unfortunately I don’t know how to do a "registry rebuild”… :frowning: can you point me in the direction of some instructions?
Thanks!

Hello @dgamba.

• Navigate to <your_site_URL>/_site/backups
  • Scroll at the bottom of the page
  • Press the red button Registry Rebuild

Let me know if it works for you.

Konstantinos

I did the rebuild, but problem is still there… :frowning:

Hello @dgamba,

There was a misconfiguration in the Landing Page from the latest update. I fixed it but now the images are gone. Do you have the images? If yes, can you re-upload them?

Let me know if something is not clear.

Konstantinos

Many thanks @kplatis!! Done. I put back the images, and now all works back as expected.