You can create a drupal site from scratch by following a few simple steps. A drupal site is connected with an OpenShift project, which can have multiple drupal sites. Note that a project (and all drupal sites in it) has a single owner and SSO registration.
1. Go to the OpenShift console page
Check on the left side menu that the Administrator option is selected (and not Developer).
- Name: Enter the name of your project.
- Display Name [optional]: Enter the display name of the project.
- Description: Enter a description of your site.
Make sure that you are in the correct
Project. At first you will see a message “No Operators Found”. Please wait a couple of minutes until the “DrupalSite Operator” appears as shown in the screenshot below.
A lot of fields here will soon have sensible defaults so that you don’t have to decide. For each field we provide a suggestion, and most fields can be ignored.
- Name: Suggestion: use the same as the project name.
- Labels: Ignore this field.
Site URL: This is the URL on which your website will be published. Must look like
<mysite>.web.cern.chand not be used already by another site. The default is
Configuration allows you to define different configuration values for your Drupalsite
Clone From: Ignore this field
- CloneFrom initializes this environment by cloning the specified DrupalSite (usually production), instead of installing an empty CERN-themed website.
Database Class: Default: standard
- Select the kind of database that the website needs.
Disk Size: Default:
- Change the field to a desire value, if your site has many more files
Extra Configuration Repo: Ignore this field
- Provide additional settings to your website in a git repository.
Quality of Service class: Default: standard
- Request appropriate default configurations and resources for the requirements of your website.
- Web DAV Password: Ignore this field
Version refers to the version and release of the CERN Drupal Distribution that will be deployed to serve this website. Changing this value triggers the website’s update process.
- Name: Select the desired version of the branch of CERN Drupal Distribution.
- Release Spec: Ignore this field.
To finish your drupal site, setup the authorization here.
Keep in mind that related sites (production, development, test) can be grouped under a single project starting from Step 3.