I would like to replicate the home.cern vertical boxes which relate each news to another news which share the same tags.
- I have a News content type (called News).
- I have a taxonomy (called News category).
How do I formulate the criteria in my view to make sure that only articles with the same tags appear as vertical boxes?
Thanks in advance,
Assuming you have created a view, if you want to display content tagged with the tag of the page you are currently in, you should:
1) Add a Contextual Filter of type Content: Has Taxonomy Term ID
- This contextual filter displays only content tagged with the same tag as the page the view is placed
- Inside the contextual filter add the settings as displayed in the following screenshot
- Pay attention in the Vocabulary seletion (red box), because with that option you limit the vocabularies that the view will be looking for
- Also pay attention on whether the content should be tagged with all the terms or with any of the term (green box) [I think in your case you want the “any term” option]
2) Add a second Contextual Filter of Type Content: ID
- This contextual filter will exclude from the view the node that you are currently visiting, so that the user will not see a node twice
- Make sure to check the Exclude option under the More accordion options
By adding those 2 contextual filters and placing the view block inside a page, your view will be displaying only nodes tagged with the same taxonomy tags as the page you are currently visiting.
In order to create a view that renders content as Vertical Boxes, make sure to read the documentation for Vertical Boxes
Let me know if something is not clear.
It works perfectly, thank you very much for the help!!
Talk to you soon, my website is n°1 on my confinement to do list