Image Gallery in costum content type

Hi!

I have a content type called “gallery” with a Reference Revision field, created with the instructions from this node.
When I add more than 10 items to the gallery, the picture already gets set before I hit the “get the resource” button and after hitting the button I have 2 pictures in one item. The correct one gets displayed but I was wondering if this is a bug?

Also: Is there a possibility to istead of copy pasting every item from a CDS (CERN-EX-123-01…02…03) gallery paste the whole gallery (CERN-EX-123)?

Thank you in advance,
Nadine

Hello Nadine,

Can you give a URL of the node you try to create?

Not sure if the issue is in the way you create the gallery but in the documentation you can find a video tutorial I created on how to use the image gallery in a landing page. It does not matter that the video is of a Landing Page, the usage is the same.

Also something else you can try is not to enable the image Gallery paragraph in your reference field, but the Section paragraph and use it in the same way you do in the Landing Page. In general the section paragraph acts like a wrapper to the rest of the components. This might fix the issue you are having.

Unfortunately not. This is only possible when you add CDS images using the CDS plugin in a Text field.

Konstantinos

Hi Konstantinos,

For example this one: https://new-alpha.web.cern.ch/node/492
After the 10th picture added from CDS there are 2 pictures and I can’t remove the first one in the preview.

I did it in the same way. The image gallery itself works, but just the preview with 2 pictures is strange.

When trying to use the section paragraph, the image gallery doesn’t get displayed at all. You can have a look at the same node.

Okay :slight_smile:

Another question: I want to display an overview of all the gallerys in the same way like this page: Resources | CERN. My first thought was creating a view of Galleries, but these are resource boxes, aren’t they?

AND Follow-Up Question to Resource Boxes: What does the Box Settings Type do?

Thanks,
Nadine

Hi there, does anyone has an answer to my questions? :slight_smile:

Hello Nadine,

This is a bug, I will open a ticket to fix it

Imagine you have a Resources content type that you use to add resources to your website.

• You can have a reference field to an image gallery like you do already to add images
  • In order to create a view like the one you mention
    • Create a display for the Resources content type that re-uses the Preview Card pattern. You can read about the patterns and how they are used in this documentation..
    • You can find out how to add format icons in your cards in this how to guide
    • Create a view that uses the Card Grid Display Format and select to Show Display Suite: Content and as view mode the one you created in the step above.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Konstantinos

Dear Nadine,

The pictures that are smaller, have different link than the others. Instead of large they are small.

For example, this is the first picture in your gallery, you can see size=large

When it comes to the pictures that are smaller, you might see size=small

So if you’ll change the link of the picture into size=large the problem will be fixed, as you might see here:

Kamila

Dear Kamila,

that was actually a photo that I didn’t notice was still small, so thanks!
But the bug is in the edit preview:

The first picture (in small, and it actually stays small even when I save it in Large mode) is there after the 10th picture I’ve added. It doesn’t get shown, it is just there in the preview.
Do you have a fix for that?

Kind regards,
Nadine

Dear Nadine,

I’m trying to replicate this bug and fix it. As soon as I’ll know the solution how to fix it, I’ll let you know.

Best regards,
Kamila

Dear Kamila,

awesome, thank you!

Best regards,
Nadine

Dear Nadine,

I managed to reproduce the issue, here is the issue, I’ll let you know when it is fixed.

Best regards,
Kamila

Dear Kamila, thank you!