Image size in Thumbnail Box

Hi Drupal community!

Is it possible to resize the images used in the thumbnail boxes on the landing pages? We are using logos which are constantly cropped and the image is not fitting in the box. Is it possible to adapt them so we can see the whole picture?
Here is an example:
https://sis.web.cern.ch/search-and-read
Thanks in advance for your help!
Amelie

Hello Amelie,

By default the components they have a default style, but Drupal gives you the option to create custom image styles. What you need to do is to create a custom image style and set the image field of Thumbnail Box to be rendered using this style. You can use my answer in Landing page - Modify style of Section background as a guideline.

The main difference between your case and my answer is that in step 2, you should apply the change in /admin/structure/paragraphs_type/cern_thumbnail_box/display, which is the main display for Thumbnail boxes.

However, keep in mind that the same style will be applied to all Thumbnail boxes.

Let me know if that works or if something is unclear

Konstantinos

Hello Konstantinos,
Thanks for your answer!
Unfortunately this solution doesn’t work for me and the image is not fitting properly in the thumbnail simple box. I’ve found out how to change the size but not how to scale the image (I used the scale option in image type but the result is not ok).
Thanks in advance for your help.
Amelie

Hi Amelie,

Maybe you can’t scale the image but try crop it instead with the following module:

This should work only with local images and not with ones embedded from CDS