Migration to Drupal 9 : should I manually do the automatic updates of Drupal core (8.9.19)?

Dear Colleagues,

I was wondering if I could please ask you something on the automatic updates of Drupal core (8.9.19). Up to now, the security updates were automatically done. However, it is not the case right now.

Should I manually do the automatic updates of Drupal core (8.9.19)? If yes, how exactly?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best regards,
Valentina

Hi Valentina

Thanks for reaching out!

You need not take any action in this regard.

We will upgrade centrally to Drupal 9, after which point we will continue to handle security updates.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your quick reply!

Cheers,
Valentina

Hello Joachim,

I see that the web pages are supposed to have been automatically updated as of the end of November. However, the web page I manage still hasn’t been updated. Is this something I have to do myself? It was my understanding given what you said that it would happen automatically.

-Alec

Hi Alec

Thanks for reaching out.

Updates to Drupal 9 are indeed rolled out centrally by us with no action necessary from you. However, we are doing these in batches alphabetically, and so while we have updated the vast majority of websites (see https://drupal-community.web.cern.ch/t/which-cern-websites-have-already-upgraded-to-drupal-9/1357), more websites are still pending. If you do not see your website(s) on the above list, they will be updated after the Christmas break. We are not updating any more websites today nor tomorrow.

Thanks!

Hi Joachim,

Thanks for getting back so fast. That sounds great. I look forward to the upgrade!

Hi Alec

I am just confirming that we will be restarting the upgrade process following the break.

If we encounter any issues with your website(s), we will be reaching out.

Thanks!

Hi Joachim,

I was just wondering about that. Thanks very much for the (unpromted!) update. I look forward to the upgrade!

-Alec